Saturday, April 01, 2006

The Paid For Pill? April Fools?

I'm a big fan of 'The Bitterest Pill' podcast by Dan Klass. I relate to it, I enjoy it, it makes me smile. So today I read this post by Dan that he's changing to a paid subscription model. On his previous podcast he complained that a disgruntled listener thought he might be too busy out monetizing his podcast, a fact which Dan flatly denied - he was too busy being 'up to his ass in laundry'.

So is he going to a paid model? I hope not.
Is it April Fools? I hope so.
Will I remain a listener if he goes paid subscription? Probably not.

I also notice Steve Gillmor pimping GoDaddy along with Earthlink these days on his podcasts. To each his own, but please Steve, trying to relate a personal anecdote about switching to GoDaddy for 5 or 6 minutes at the beginning of the show is a real pain. I hope they're paying you well for it, because it only took me 2 times to get completely annoyed. With all this talk of attention, you're forcing me to place mine immediately 5 minutes ahead with the ffwd button each time.

0 comments: