Friday, April 28, 2006

A Sentence

A recent meme (see also Omegamom, Kent and Brad):

The instructions are:

  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open it to page 161.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
  5. Don’t search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what’s actually next to you.
Here's the line:
" In other words, try to handle the nipple by the outside edges."

Boy oh boy....let me explain this one... ;)

It's the venerable Dr. Spock's Baby and Child Care by Benjamin Spock, M.D., and Michael B. Rothenberg, M.D. (6th edition), given to me by my mom. And it's describing how to prepare a formula bottle.

This is one book that I've kept around for the last 4 years (since my daughter was born) in order to expand my understanding of child rearing. It's actually come in quite handy at times and I've learned a lot of (very very important) things from it. As a reference I love the way it's written - very sparing of superfluous words and descriptions and so plain and simple. Also funny is the fact that it was featured in one of my all time favourite films "Raising Arizona".

0 comments: