Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Half the Geek

Whoa! I guess I'm not half the geek I thought I was. Scoble posts his top 35 favourite feeds of the month.

I read only three of those 35 (Digg, Lifehacker and Thomas Hawk).

I dropped Engadget a fairly long time back. Too many posts, too little interest.

Boingboing boinged it's way off my feed list about 9 months ago. Too many posts, and a little too weird. Sport jacket made entirely of meat anyone?

All things 'crunch' - I grew very tired of web2.0 startup news. I am finding this area of news more pretentious and less interesting every day - and it's not just Mike. But hey, that's just me. When Steve Gillmor closed the circus tent, I started losing interest - quickly.

Actually, I'm finding that that there are so many good and interesting relatively low-traffic blogs grabbing my interest that they are slowly but surely shoving aside many of the incumbents in my feed reader.

The old guard had better watch out.

1 comments:

Matthew Cornell said...

Thanks for the link, and for reading. Much appreciated!