Thursday, June 14, 2007

On the DoFollow Wagon...

Following the lead of a few of my favourite reads, I've decided to disable the nofollow attribute for commenting that's built into my Blogger™ template. So to encourage commenting and discussion if you leave your link in the comments, you will be justly rewarded.

Now of course I manually moderate the comments - and oh boy, it's such an onerous job with the hundreds of comments I get on each post ;) - and any spam comments that show up will of course be swiftly dealt with. I've even put up an ominous commenting policy over on the right, but that's more just to encourage people to participate rather than lay down the proverbial law.

If you've got a Blogger™ blog and you're want to spread the Google juice to your commenters then check out this post.

3 comments:

Donncha said...

I have to admit, I've had two comments over the last few days that could be spammy or not. They're conversational and on-topic but they throw in a URL where the product can be bought that would fix the problem mentioned in the post.

The email and url of the poster is different to the product url but I have my suspicions.

I wonder did they notice I removed the nofollow attribute..

RichardQuerin said...

I've only had one comment that appeared to be spam-like. And curiously it appeared the day after my dofollow post. But like you, I'm not sure it was related.

Anonymous said...

Check out the dofollow community on Bumpzee. We're members too.