Friday, December 21, 2007

Great graphic design stuff and thieving bastards...

A while ago I purchased some hosting, bought a couple of domain names and committed myself to designing a new website for myself and moving this blog to a proper Wordpress install. All that stuff is going ahead.. albeit a little more slowly than I originally anticipated. However, just as I'm feeling all cocky and proud about venturing out onto the web 'for real', along comes this to jolt me back to reality:

David Airey, a talented graphic designer who writes a very useful blog by the way, posts about how his site was hacked the day after he went away on vacation. He's now in the process of trying to wrestle back control of his domain name davidaireyDOTcom which he's lost to the attackers. So in the meantime he's using davidairey.co.uk. If you're a fan of his, or want to check out lots of good graphic design related stuff, make sure you update your aggregators and/or bookmarks to the .co.uk address.

And to David, kudos for exercising such careful restraint in your posting about the incident and best of luck in getting back what is rightfully yours - I'll be following the story.


Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Richard,

Thanks so much for helping publicise my domain name change. It's really appreciated.

Don't let this get you down, however. Just look at all the fantastic comments that people have been leaving on my blog post! It's quite humbling, and I wish you all the very best with your own online endeavours.

Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.