Saturday, July 15, 2006

Calling all HSS/CSS saavy readers...

I've got a header graphic at the top of my blog. I'm happy with the image. However when I first modified my blog template to use that image instead of the stock blog title, I also lost the ability to make the header a clickable link back to the main page of my blog. So when you're reading a specific blog post and you want to head back to the main page of the blog, clicking on the graphic won't take you there. That's bad form and it annoys the hell out of me. I've tried a few things but I'm caving on this one. Can anybody point me in the correct direction towards a solution?

The image is referenced in the CSS portion of the template as the background property of the #header id tag. Here's the code snippet from the template:

#header {
/*width:660px;*/
margin:0 0 0;
/*border:0px solid #468;*/
padding:0 0 8px;
background: url("http://home.primus.ca/~rico.jd/rm-header.jpg") no-repeat center top;
}

Where in my template should (or can) I put the tag to make that sucker link back to the main page of my blog? Or maybe it isn't that easy?

0 comments: