Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Lady Loves me...

Have I ever mentioned the fact that my almost-6 year old daughter has a thing for Elvis?

Turns out she's fascinated by Elvis.. well more accurately, Elvis, Priscilla and Lisa-Marie.

I find myself answering a flurry of questions... Why was he called 'The King'? Was Priscilla the Queen? How did get so fat? Why are all those ladies screaming?

Turns out she also loves the YouTube. The YouTube has the Elvis. Actually, it has an untold number of Elvis and Priscilla slideshows set to music and snippets of concert footage. Turns out Elvis Fans have figured out The YouTube too!

So I've steered her away from Bratz, only been to Build-A-Bear-Empty-A-Wallet once. Kept her on the straight and narrow so far. And the fact that she prefers the young handsome Elvis to the old fat sweaty one makes it that much easier to live with.

Elvis movies are the next wave. While in Vegas a few weeks back, we picked up a VHS copy of Viva Las Vegas for her. It's wearing thin after about 40 plays (seriously). We know the words to "The Lady Loves Me" almost completely. Which in itself leads to more questions like: What is Russian Roulette?, What is a moonlight tete a tete? What is playing hard to get?

We signed out Blue Hawaii from the library only last week in a bid for some sanity.

However, if I have learned one thing during this stage of fatherhood, it is this....

Ann Margret was indeed the hotness... ;)

Enjoy:






Blogged with Flock

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Richard

I just found your blog by accident. It's really nice.

I have a 19 month old boy. I had to take him to the hospital last night with breathing troubles. He is fine now. Fatherhood is certainly a mix of joy and guilt. Peace and fear.

My Son is so loving and so much fun. Unfortunately he also has a bad habit of kicking me in the balls.

Thanks again for your great Inkscape tutorials-Patrick

RichardQuerin said...

Sounds like a painful habit! :)

Glad you enjoy the screencasts and glad to hear your son's ok.

Thanks for reading.