Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Nine Days of Screwing...

Now there's a post title that'll drive some traffic....pr0n seekers -  sorry to disappoint...

It is remarkable how stressful and distracting it is when you get your car broken into, and then you proceed to get bent over and screwed by your insurance company, insurance broker and two different mechanics. It's 9 days later and I still don't have my car back from what is supposed to be a 4 hour repair.

This little descent into hell began when I found out I was not (and never have been) covered for a rental car. Then the first mechanic told me the parts were back-ordered to the end of March. I felt he was lying and that he thought I was some sort of idiot (no - that was the guy who started all this). After 2 days of unreturned phone calls from my broker and insurer, I managed to get the car to my own mechanic who told me they could get the same parts within 2 days. Now it seems the 2 days has turned into 4 days.

The most frustrating thing is that everybody I've talked to (other than the mechanics) tells me it's a 4 hour repair. Nine days for a 4 hour repair??

Okay, maybe there's a delay getting parts. But NINE DAYS!!?? C'mon people!

I'm a nice guy (trust me). I absolutely hate getting angry with people. That's why I almost never ever do it. But if I don't get my car back tomorrow (as has been promised as of this morning) I'm going to be very ashamed and guilty of my behaviour.

To top things off, my insurer now tells me that my aftermarket car stereo depreciates in value 10% per year (which is fine) PROVIDED I have the receipt for it. Grrrrr. Otherwise they only reimburse for 50%. I have the box. I have the manual. Cripes, I think I still have the remote control!! (provided Idiot didn't take that too). But the receipt? C'mon. We'll be sparring over that one folks.

Sorry for the venting post. Be glad they're few and far between for me.

Go look at some nice XMMS2 logo entries if you need some happy-fying like me. Inkscape doodling has been a saving grace for me this week.

I'll go get a coffee now and see if I still hit 'send' when I get back...


0 comments: