How's this for a twist?
1. Man diagnosed with pancreatic cancer - given one year to live.
2. Man stops paying mortgage, quits job, spends all his savings, family trips, lives life to the fullest - even makes funeral arrangements.
3. Man notices symptoms going away.
4. Man told he was misdiagnosed - it's inflammation of the pancreas, not cancer.
5. Man left bankrupt, in dire straits, but alive.
Talk about a rollercoaster. A great wave of relief followed by dawning realization and terror.
He's asking for compensation, and failing that will sell his house and/or sue the hospital. I don't think he'll win, but you gotta have some sympathy for the guy.