Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Ahh the joy...

Just as a little side note to my previous post about the struggle for attention:

I don't share Seth Finklestein's view of it: "...It's painful to admit that you've wasted so much time and effort and pretty much nobody is listening..." (see the comments to Kent's post from a week and a half ago for his full comments). Rather, I have a much more naive view...

My bloglines reader shows 7 subscribers to my blog. And 1 of those 7 is me - so I don't count. Let's say it's 6. Now I have no other stats to go by, and maybe there are others who are subscribed via other means, but for the sake of argument, let's say there are 6.

The way I look at it is that there are exactly 600% more people reading what I write than if I never blogged in the first place. Mission successful.

Ahh, the joys of not being in the game....

:)


0 comments: