Saturday, November 11, 2006

Black Sheep of The Family....

Here I am trying to find something halfway interesting to write about each and every day of November, and my brother-in-law finally posted again to his blog after an absence of 1 year and 9 days!!

What shocks me the most is that he was able to remember the password. :)

I'm not sure if any of you out there has a family member that blogs. My brother in law is the only one in my family and he is by all accounts not a 'techie' and views his blog more as a low maintenance web site. I'm sure he doesn't have a clue what RSS or a feed aggregator is. But still, he remembered that password and sat down to pound away a post for posterity.

As I posted about before I'm kinda glad people I know aren't reading what I write. Part of that might come from the fact that most members of my family would never consider sitting down and writing anything at all, never mind a little tidbit each and every day.

Do you have writers or bloggers in your family? Does it make things easier for you in terms of what you post about and who's reading it?

PS - If you're so inclined, check out my brother-in-law's blog post and leave a comment if you like. You never know how a comment or two can get someone started. Maybe then he won't wait another year and nine days to post again. ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have several family members who read my blog. they often yell at me about it, too.
but whatever.

Anonymous said...

Blogging is like anything in life: all about momentum. It takes time, effort, and creativity to keep it going. It's not as easy as it may seem to come up with insightly, interesting stuff on a regular basis.

Kate said...

My mom has a blog. It's grand! And she reads mine on a regular basis. I think I have a few other relatives who stop by now & then. I try--very hard--to not let it affect my writing.