Monday, November 20, 2006

NaBloPoMo Disaster Avoided.. Phew...

Yikes! Power went out tonight at 7:50pm in the middle of little one's bedtime story. After about an hour of 'fun with flashlights' we decide to get her over to my parents (10 minutes away and fully powered). Getting back here at 10:15pm I thought for sure the problem would be fixed. I arrive back to find total and complete darkness.

Suddenly I realize that a cold morning shower is NOT the top concern. My mind scatters as I try to comprehend the fact that I won't be able to make my NaBloPoMo post for today!!! Am I really going to find myself in the same boat as OmegaMom?? Is this the end for our unlikely hero? (me).

I set my watch alarm for 23:45. Fifteen minutes should be plenty of time to save my blogging soul should they get the problem fixed in time. I resign myself to sleep and was just dozing off when, at 10:52 technology springs back to life all around me. Yay!!

Running around to turn off all the lights left on (it isn't going to be ME to blame for frying the recently fixed system with a power surge) I finally kick the kettle to life and sit myself in front of the keyboard.

Disaster avoided. And perhaps more importantly, no worry about searching for a posting topic! :)

Good night.

1 comments:

Kate said...

Ah, well. You, at least, would have the excuse of technology failing. I have the excuse of my mind failing. Harrumph. Good on ya, Richard! Saved by the bell and by the utility services!